Five universal tips for maintaining healthy relationships
- Give time; Put more time aside to connect with friends and family.
- Be present; It can be tempting to check your phone, Facebook messages or even work emails when with family and friends. Try to be present in the moment and be there for your loved ones, and switch out of work mode wherever possible.
- Listen; Actively listen to what others are saying in a non-judgemental way and concentrate on their needs in that moment
- Be listened to; Share how you are feeling, honestly, and allow yourself to be listened and supported.
- Recognise unhealthy relationships; Being around positive people can make us happier. Our wellbeing can be negatively affected by harmful relationships, however, leaving us unhappy. Recognising this can help us move forward and find solutions to issues.