- Personal story by Clementine Ford about the symptoms of anxiety which began for her at the age of 12 years.
- “It should be noted that the very real concerns of women are often dismissed by health practitioners”
- issue of bruxism is discussed
- counting and rituals are discussed by the author
- thought loops are discussed
- the impacts on her life are discussed:
- “Lately, I can sense some of the darkness returning. The itch on the brain, the obsessive looped thinking, the fixation on aspects of my health, the fear that this time it won’t go away and I’ll be stuck in its inky black ocean forever. It’s hard to say if it’s related to how busy I’ve been lately.”
- Other issues discussed: control, acceptance, letting go
- For mental health support – & if you are in Australia – call Beyond Blue support service 1300 22 4636 or for crisis support call Lifeline, 13 11 14.