Some things to remember about being on the Autism Spectrum.
- Find talking and listening difficult
- Have difficulty making eye contact
- Feel very anxious and overwhelmed (at times)
- Have difficulties with your senses
- Show unusual behaviours.
People can help you by:
- Using clear and concise language
- Giving you extra time to respond to them
- Recognising that you might experience things differently from them
- Recognising that you might have sensory processing difficulties and may need a quiet or calm space.