16 Ways to Fall in Love All Over Again
Here are 16 practical ways for you to start turning towards each other:
- Schedule a next date night and keep the plans a surprise. The anticipation will spark a renewed sense of fun.
- Practice the daily 60 second blessing. This is a daily habit of affirming the positive qualities you see in each other. Watch a quick video where we explain what this looks like here.
- Send flirty texts to each other throughout the day. Trust me, your partner will appreciate it.
- Make foreplay a priority. Make more room in your calendar to make out before sex.
- Be affectionate and playful with each other in front of others. It’s not enough to just brag to each other in private, it’s significant to compliment your spouse in public.
- Start a new hobby together. Brainstorm some ideas and create a list of shared interests.
- Show appreciation by saying “Thank you,” and “I appreciate all you do.” This goes a long way in showing respect to each other.
- Take a walk hand in hand. Nothing gets the blood moving and the connection juices flowing like taking a walk around the block.
- Focus on the positive qualities of each other by writing them down and posting it around the house.
- Plan a vacation together – no kids allowed. It doesn’t even have to be extravagant, but time alone is so important.
- Dream together which helps build security. Have you created a dream board where you jot down your goals or things you want to do together? Go for it!
- Pay attention to your spouse more than you pay attention to your phone & TV. Less screen time, more face time.
- Reminisce about your favorite date nights, wedding day, honeymoon, and travels together by pulling out old photos.
- Learn something new about your spouse. Pick up a deck of Love Map cards which contain fun questions to ask each other. Stay thirsty, I mean curious, my friends.
- Buy a new board game and have a game night together. Clothing optional.
- Join us for one of our monthly marriage webcasts and learn something new in your marriage. Sharpen that saw!