30 Questions to Ask Your Child (instead of… How was your day?)
– what did you eat for lunch?
– did you catch anyone picking your nose?
– what games did you play at recess?
– what was the funniest thing that happened at school today?
– did anyone do anything super nice for you?
– what was the nicest thing that you did for someone?
– who made you smile today?
– which one of your teachers would survive a zombie apocalypse? & why?
– what new fact did you learn today?
– who brought the best old today in their lunchbox? What was it?
– what challenged you today?
– if school was a ride at the fair, which would it be? Why?
– if you had to rate your day on a scale of 1 to 10, what would you rate it?
– if one of your schoolmates could be a teacher for a day, who would you want it to be? Why?
– if you had the chance to be the teacher tomorrow, what would you teach the class & why?
– did anyone push your buttons today?
– who do you want to be friends with at school, but haven’t yet got round to it? Why not?
– what is your teacher’s most important rule?
– what is the most popular thing to do at recess?
– does your teacher remind you of anyone else you know? How?
– tell me something you learned about a friend today?
– if aliens existed & came to school today, &beamed up 3 kids, who do you wish they would take? Why?
– what is one thing you did today that was helpful?
– when did you feel most proud of yourself today?
– what rule was the hardest to follow today?
– what is one thing you hope to learn before the end of the school year?
– which person in your class is your exact opposite?
– which area of the school is your favourite?
– which playground skill do you hope to master by the end of the school year?
– does anyone in your class have a hard time following the rules?