– We have much less control over our thoughts and feelings than the experts would have us believe
– However we have a huge amount of control over our actions
– by taking action we can create a rich, full and meaningful Life
– That’s why we say act as the word “act” rather than as the initials A.C.T.
– Most self-help books are about “positive thinking”, positive affirmations, and/or Visualise how you want to be/Want your life to be Like [It is too simplistic, Even though they may work temporarily]
– With respect to feelings, as soon as your distress increases your ability to control your feelings progressively lessons
Source: Dr Russ Harris “The happiness trap – stop struggling, start living”