Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy – WHAT IS IT?
– originally designed to prevent relapse of Depression, but now also treatment
– mindfulness-based meditation – focus on the present moment & notice the present including the pleasant & unpleasant without trying to change – t unrest ICUs on the breth, then the thoughts & feelings
How does it work?
– experience & be aware of the present
– focuses mind rather than allowing it to wander
– allows people to notice the early warning signs of negative feelings & thoughts of depression before they become fixed
Does it work?
– good research evidence for the therapy’s efficacy
– now considered an effective treatment for depression