Mark Taylor | Canberra Psychologist | Socratic questioning:
– What evidence do you had to support this idea?
– How’s strongly do you believe this now?
– On a scale of 0 to 10 where does your belief fall? What about other people?
– How does this thought affect how you feel and act?
– Can you describe experiences when this thought was not completely true?
– If a close friend felt this way, what would you tell them?
– If you told a close friend this thought, what would they say to you?
– When you feel differently in the past, what would you have said to this thought?
– Are there any distortions present in this thought?
Source: CBT [Clinical Psychiatry News]